When it comes to weight loss, men and women are very different. A man can cut back his portion sizes and start shedding pounds, while it seems like a woman gains weight just by looking at a piece of cake! It really doesn’t seem very fair.
But there’s a reason why men lose weight easier than women; their bodies contain more muscle than women, thanks to testosterone. Genetically, men are meant to have more muscle and less fat. This naturally works in their favor for weight loss. Men also tend to lose weight more rapidly than women because of the food preferences of each sex; males tend to eat a lot of meat, while women are usually more attracted to carbs.
That doesn’t mean that women can’t lose weight. Obviously, they can. But it does mean that men and women do have to take different approaches to weight loss.
Whether you’re a male or a female, if you are trying to lose weight, keep on reading to learn some helpful weight loss tips.
Weight Loss Tips for Men
You aren’t going to drop any weight by sitting on the coach and shoving chips and soda down your throat; however, you don’t have to become a die-hard workout nut.
Here’s a look at some tips that can men shed inches from their waistline, improve their health, and feel a lot better about themselves, too.
Change the Way You Eat
First things first: you need to make changes to your diet. If you are a soda drinker, cut it out. It contains so many empty calories, which translates to weight gain. Just by kicking your soda habit, you can shed a significant amount of weight.
You should also ditch the chips, candy, ice cream, and cake and eat more fruits, veggies, diary, and lean meats. You can treat yourself to sweets once in a while, but you shouldn’t be eating them on a regular basis. Add fat burning foods for men to your diet. There are so many options, including:
- Jalapenos and cayenne peppers. The contain capsaicin, which is why gives these peppers their spicy flavor. Capsaicin also helps to boost your heart rate, which in turn speeds up your metabolism.
- Lean meats. Chicken, beef, pork, and turkey pack plenty of protein, and it takes your body a lot more energy to digest protein, so you will burn more calories.
- Cold water fish. Fish like salmon and tuna offer omega-3 fatty acids, which change the levels of leptin, a hormone, in your body. Scientific studies have revealed that leptin helps to boost your metabolism, burns calories, and burns fat.
- Onions. They contain chromium, which helps with the regulation of blood sugar and can help you avoid grabbing for fattening foods. They also contain quercetin, a flavonoid that reduces inflammation.
Take Fat Burning Supplements for Men
Take regular doses of fat burning supplements for men. By adding them to your diet, you can see a significant reduction in your weight loss. Why? – Because they can help to reduce your appetite by making you feel fuller longer, reduce your body’s absorption of fat, and boost your ability to burn fat.
Some of the most notable fat burning supplements for men include:
- Raspberry ketones
- Green tea extract
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
Get active! You don’t have to do serious exercise (unless you want to), but being active definitely aids in weight loss. Find something that you enjoy doing and do it several times a week. Some great fat burning exercises to consider include walking, jogging, bike riding, and swimming.
Not only will exercise help you lose weight, but it will improve your overall health, too!
Weight Loss Tips for Women
Whether you’re trying to get into shape for an upcoming event or you just want to feel better about yourself, here’s a look at some effective weight loss tips for women. C
Change Your Diet
Just like men, women also need to change the way that they eat. Steer clear of foods that are sugary and high in simple carbohydrates (cakes, cookies, ice cream, etc). Instead, try eating more veggies, fruits, dairy, and lean proteins.
Add fat burning foods for women to your diet, such as:
- Berries. All berries are a great fat burning food. They’re low in calories and carbs and contain fiber, too.
- Citrus fruit. Any type of citrus fruit can help you lose weight. Their high levels of acidity help to slow down digestion, thus keeping you fuller longer.
- Avocado. Studies have found that avocado can do wonders for weight loss. This fruit (yes, fruit!) contains a healthy dose of monounsaturated fatty acids, which can help you drop some serious pounds.
- Eggs. They are packed with protein, so they’ll make you feel fuller longer. Eat eggs any way you’d like.
Take Fat Burning Supplements for Women
Fat burning supplements for women can help to increase your metabolic rate, boost energy levels, and burn calories. Some great options include:
- Garcinia cambogia extract
- Black coffee bean extract
You should also make sure that you are exercising on a regular basis. You don’t have to do intense training, but you should get in some physical activity in some way. Swimming, bike riding, hiking, or just a walk around your neighborhood can help the pounds melt away.