Who doesn’t want to lose weight, get in shape, and have an amazing body? We all do, right?
There are so many diet plans and workout programs out there that are specifically designed to help you shed pounds and get in shape, and the Old School New Body system is one of those programs.
What’s Old School New Body all about? What does it involve? Does it really work? In this Old School New Body review, we’ll shed light on all of these questions so you can determine if it’s the right choice for you.
What is the Old School New Body System?
Old School New Body is a fitness system that is designed for people of all ages. It’s supposed to be a complete and thorough guide to weight loss, covering topics that relate specifically to getting in shape, such as exercise, diet, and nutrition.
The Old School New Body system was created by a husband and wife duo Steve and Becky Holman. Steve worked as the editor-in-chief at Iron Man Magazine, and Becky is an avid proponent of fitness. The pair decided to create this fitness program to help older people lose weight and combat the effects of aging, such as muscle loss and weight gain. People were constantly asking the couple how remained so fit, despite their age (they are both over the age of 50).
The Holman’s claim that by following their fitness program, you can boost your metabolism, lose a significant amount of weight, get in shape, and improve your overall health and well being.
What is the Old School New Body System All About?
The Old School New Body workout program is based on a Focus 4 Exercise protocol, a targeted approach to getting the most out of your fat burning and weight loss efforts. This protocol involves doing four specific exercises that target key areas of your body and are supposed to reduce the possibility of sustaining an injury. They include:
- Upright rows, which works out your shoulders, and arms.
- Squats, which workout the thighs.
- Bent over rows, which works out your back, arms, and shoulders.
- Inclined presses, which works out your triceps and chest.
This training program identifies three workout plans, and each one of them focuses on the Focus Four Protocol. Whichever workout you choose to follow, it will take you no longer than an hour to complete. The shortest workout program takes just 30 minutes to complete.
The three workouts offered in the Old School New Body system include the following:
- The Lean Workout. This workout plan is designed for novices and people who haven’t worked out in a long time. Essentially, it is an introduction to the focus 4 exercise protocol and is designed to help you eliminate the accumulation of excess fat while building muscle tone and strengthening your body. It involves completing only the four aforementioned exercises. It only takes around 30 minutes to complete and should be done at least three times each week. You begin by completing just two sets of each exercise for a total of 10 reps. Once you are familiar with the exercises, you can start to increase the number of sets that you complete. If you don’t have a lot of time or just aren’t feeling like putting too much effort into your workout, the lean program is a great choice to keep you active and maintain your physique.
- The Shape Workout. This workout is more intense than the lean workout, and it also takes more time. It involves the four core exercises listed above, but the intensity of each exercise is greater. Workouts take about 60 minutes to complete and should be done at least three times a week. This workout can help you see results quicker than the lean workout, so if you are looking to enhance your physique in a shorter period of time, this is definitely a good choice for you.
- The Build Workout. The build workout is the most intense of all three workouts. It’s intended for people who want to see drastic results and that have been working out on a consistent basis for a long period of time. The four core exercises are, of course, a focus in this workout, but they are much more intense. It should take about an hour to complete the build workout, and the exercises should be done at least three times a week.
Whichever exercise program you choose, you will need to select a weight that is moderately difficult to lift. You will do 10 reps per set with the weight, and rest for 35 seconds between each set. While that may sound really easy, as you progress throughout the workout, you will notice that there is a definite increase in difficulty; in other words, you will feel your muscles being worked out.
All of the workouts featured in the Old School New Body program are designed to do the following:
- Develop lean muscle
- Shred through fat
- Boost the strength of your joints
- Increase the production of human growth hormone (HGH)
- Slow down the effects of aging
- Redesign your boy
- Maintain healthy and strong joints and muscles
Why are the Workouts Safer?
The focus 4 exercise protocol is based on the workout program that was designed by Vince Gironda, the “iron guru” and one of the first celebrity trainers. His workout system was extremely intense and yielded fast results. However, because of the intensity of his workouts, they aren’t exactly safe and can result in injury.
The focus 4 protocol involves using lighter weights than the exercise program designed by Gironda, which means there will be less stress placed on your joints and muscles. Furthermore, there are fewer exercises that have to be completed, making it a lot easier on the joints and decreasing the risk of sustaining an injury.
What are the Benefits of Resistance Training?
The Old School New Body workout focuses on resistance training.
Resistance training is highly beneficial for weight loss and muscle development. Some of the most notable benefits that resistance training provides include:
- It helps to counteract bone loss that naturally occurs with aging.
- It improves insulin sensitivity, which reduces your risk of developing chronic conditions, such as diabetes.
- It improves your metabolism and keeps to ramped up long after you have completed your workouts.
- It increase the body’s production of human growth hormone, which is often referred to as the anti-aging hormone because it builds muscle.
- It reduces inflammation in the joints.
- It improves your overall appearance.
- It makes you stronger
Given all of the benefits of resistance training, it is easy to see why Steve and Becky focused their workout program on this type of training.
What do You Get?
When you purchase the Old School New Body system, you will receive a wealth of information related to working out, enhancing your physique, and improving your overall health. This system comes with the following:
- The Old School New Body PDF, which is the foundation of the program. This PDF is thoughtfully laid out. It discusses how the focus 4 workout was developed, as well as the key concepts on how you should complete the exercises. The book also contains tons of motivation and support, as well as nutritional information. It is very easy to read and will definitely pump you up and get you excited about working out. The book also discusses joint pain and how you can avoid it. It’s not uncommon for athletes – particularly body builders – to experience joint pain. You will discover ways to reduce your joint pain, such as how to correctly maintain your form as you execute each exercise. It also tells you about foods that you can eat that will help reduce inflammation in your joints.
- A 15 page quick start guide. This guide discusses all of the key exercises used in each of the three workouts – lean, shape, and build. Reading the quick start guide is recommended after you finish reading the Old School New Body eBook.
- Special reports, including:
- Ultimate Fat Burning Secrets, which shares important tips an strategies that can help improve how much fat you lose more rapidly by removing and adding certain foods to your diet.
- Ultimate Health and Happiness Secrets, which sheds light on how you can life a happier life by changing your mindset.
- Ultimate Muscle Building Secrets, a guide that offers some additional tips for people who want to focus on building more muscle mass. It focuses on building lean muscle, not extreme body building.
- Ultimate Sex and Anti-Aging Secrets, which touches on topics that are related to boosting your sex drive, working out and eating for a better sex life, things you can do to reverse the signs of aging, and tips that can help you live a longer, healthier life.
These reports provide tips and suggestions that pertain to losing weight, such as the types of foods and supplements that can help to burn body fat, improve your mood, and improve your libido.
- Interviews with fitness experts, including Kristi Frank (a health and beauty expert), Tom Venuto (a bodybuilder and the author of The Body Fat Solution), Bill Phillips (author of Body for Life, a New York Times best seller), Jennifer Nicole Lee (a fitness model), and Shawn Phillips (a fitness expert and writer of many fitness guides.)
Things You Should Avoid
The Old School New Body workout also discusses things that you should avoid doing in order to lose weight. These suggestions include:
- Skipping diets that are low in fat. The authors state that fats aren’t bad for you and that your body actually needs them. That’s because they help to boost the production of hormones that help you build muscle and strength.
- Skipping workouts that involve high intensity, such as running. These exercises put a tremendous amount of strain on the joints and increase the amount of free radicals in your body, thus speeding up the aging process. The exercises listed in the Old School New Body workout don’t put strain on the joints, and therefore will help to reverse the aging process.
- Stop thinking that your age dictates your physique. So many people assume that getting out of shape and gaining weight is a part of aging and that it should be accepted. Steve Holman reports that he has personally helped people far older than 40 lose weight and get a toned physique by following his simple weight training exercises.
- Avoid getting dehydrated. Water is so important for the body. Not only does it nourish it, but it also helps you burn fat and suppresses hunger. Water also rejuvenates the skin and gives it a youthful glow. Lastly, water can help to improve your energy levels and prevent your liver and kidneys from working in overdrive.
By avoiding these things, Steve and Becky Holman say that you will be able to see a significant difference in your body; you’ll be trimmer and fitter, and you’ll look younger, too.
Are There Other Exercises You Should Do?
You are only supposed to do the exercises listed in the workout program you select three times a week. However, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t engage in other activities or that you should just sit sedentary on the days you aren’t working out.
You should make sure that you are doing some type of cardio exercise on the days that you aren’t following the Old School New Body workout of your choice. Some ideas include swimming, bicycling, using an elliptical machine, and walking.
By incorporating cardio exercises on days that you aren’t focusing on the exercises that are featured in the Old School New Body workout, you can maintain your body weight, improve your physique, boost your overall health, and just feel better.
What Type of Motivation does the Old School New Body System Provide?
One of the most important features of this workout program – and what really makes it stand out from other exercise systems – is the motivational tools that it provides.
One of the reasons so many people fail when it comes to diet and exercise is because they aren’t motivated to stay on track. The creators of this system understand this and address is very well. They focus on how you can discipline yourself mentally so that you can stick with your weight loss and body transformation goals.
The motivational tools offered in this book include:
- Determining your “why”. By pinpointing why you want to lose weight and get in shape in the first place is so important and serves as a valuable way to stay on track.
- Planning your weight loss goals. You will learn that losing weight isn’t something that happens overnight, or something that you quit working on once you reach your goal. It is a process, and one that takes time. It also involves changes to your lifestyle; changes that you will have to make a priority moving forward.
- Identify the things that prevent you from attaining your weight loss goals, such as caving in to cravings or indulging in alcoholic beverages more frequently than you should. It also teaches you how to replace your bad habits with healthy and productive habits that can help you actually attain your goals.
Other Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
The Old School New Body system doesn’t just focus on exercise and eating right; it also discusses several other tips and tricks that can be extremely beneficial for weight loss. Examples of some of the tips and tricks offered in this book include:
- Getting more sleep each day. Sleep is vital for all aspects of your health, including weight loss. By improving your sleep habits and getting more rest, you will be able to see a serious transformation in your physique.
- Having sexual relations more frequently. It might sound funny, but sex is actually a great tool for weight loss. It requires physical activity and gets your blood pumping, making it kind of like exercise (fun exercise, at that!) Plus, having more sex will also enhance your relationship and make you feel more confident.
- Increasing the amount of water you drink on a daily basis. If you are trying to lose weight, you really need to drink more water. Water helps you feel full, increases your metabolism, and improves your skin, hair, nails, and virtually every other part of your body. Experts recommend drinking eight 8 ounce glasses of water each day, and the creators of the Old School New Body workout concur.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber. Fiber helps to regulate digestion and can definitely aid in weight loss. Examples of fruits and veggies that are high in fiber include bananas, apples, raspberries, leafy greens, beets, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and beans.
How The Old School New Body Training Program Works
It’s not uncommon to start losing muscle mass in your 30s. As you lose muscle, you are no longer able to burn off fat as effectively as you were once able to, hence the reason why so many people struggle with weight gain as they get older.
The Old School New Body system teaches you how to regain your muscle mass, which will allow you to burn calories more efficiently and put a halt on weight gain. By teaching you how you can gain muscle mass, this system helps make it easier to get slim and stay in good shape. The program is designed to assist your body with working more efficiently in regard to burning calories, which translates to faster and more sustainable weight loss.
As you read above, this diet and exercise program comes with everything you need to achieve your weight loss and body transformation goals.
Who This Program is Good For?
This workout program is designed for both men and women of any age, but particularly for people who are in their late 30s and older.
It is a great tool for anyone who is just starting to learn how to lift weights, but people who have more experience can also benefit from this program. It should be noted that if you do have a health condition, you should speak to your doctor before starting the Old School New Body workout, which is true for any type of workout program that you are thinking about engaging in. Why? – Because, while the exercises are pretty simple, there is a chance that they could aggravate certain ailments. Therefore, it is far better to err on the side of caution and clear using this approach to weight loss and getting in shape with your healthcare provider before engaging in it.
If you are looking for a way that you can work out safely or you don’t want to invest a great deal of time in your workouts, the Old School New Body system would be a great choice for you. People who are looking to build serious muscle and significantly increase their strength probably wouldn’t benefit from this program. Why? – Because that’s not what it is intended for.
Does it Really Work?
It’s hard to say. There are a lot of Old School New Body workout reviews floating around on the World Wide Web. Many reviews claim that this program is not only extremely effective, but that it is also easy to follow. A lot of people report seeing a huge difference in their physique, as they lost weight and built more muscle. Positive reviewers also say that they experience a big change in their looks overall, saying that they looked younger and felt a big improvement in the way they felt.
On the other hand, some Old School New Body workout reviews claim that it doesn’t provide real results. Some users of the program said that it was basically a glorified workout routine that they could easily do on their own without purchasing the program. Upon reading the reviews of this system, it seems like those who are unhappy with it or claim that it doesn’t work didn’t really invest time or effort into the system, or that they expected to see a drastic change in their appearance in a short period of time. Will you see rapid results? – Probably not. Will you see results eventually? Most likely.
What’s my take? – If you follow the workout plan and the make the suggested changes to your diet, you should be able to see results. It may not be rocket science, but the fact that this workout program lays everything out for you in an easy to follow guide really can simplify your workout routine and make a difference in your weight, your body build, and your overall appearance. It can also help you feel a lot more confident and happier with yourself, as you see weight coming off and muscle building up.
Does it work? I guess that depends on your willingness to give it a try and actually stick with the program. I don’t see any reason why this exercise program wouldn’t offer the results that it promises.
Old School New Body Pros and Cons
As with everything in life, there are pros and cons to this workout program. Here’s a look at some of the advantages that this program offers, as well as some of the disadvantages that are associated with it.
- It is a suitable workout program that virtually anyone can use, which is pretty rare. Most exercise programs are designed for younger people, but that’s not the case with the Old School New Body program. It is specifically geared toward an older demographic – people who are aged 40 and above – and want to lose weight, improve their physique, and look and feel younger. It can be used by people who are starting a weight loss and exercise program for the first time, or those who have experience but want to up their results. Of course, people who are younger than 40 can also use this system. And, it’s also designed for men and women to use, making it a workout program that you and your whole family can use.
- It was created by real health and fitness experts. As the editor in chief for Iron Man magazine and ample experience in diet and exercise, Steve Holman has plenty of experience in this industry and really knows what he is talking about. His wife Becky, the co-author, also has experience with diet and exercise, and she actually used the program herself to completely transform her body and her mindset. There are so many fitness programs out there that are created by people who do not have experience in the fitness and weight loss industry, and therefore do not provide real useful information, or even worse, the information they provide can actually be detrimental to your health.
- The layout of the book is so easy to follow. It features attractive and useful illustrations that really explain how to complete each exercise. In addition to offering text that explains how to execute the exercises, the illustrations show you how to maintain proper form as you complete each exercise. This is important, as it can help to reduce your risk of sustaining an injury.
- It contains a wealth of helpful information that can really be applied to weight loss and getting into shape. This program really breaks down diet and exercise, making it easier to understand. The authors took great care to ensure that they provided tons of pertinent information so that you can actually achieve your weight loss and body transformation goals.
- The program is backed by a money-back guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this program, you will receive a full refund, no questions asked, within 60 days of the date you purchased it.
- It isn’t a miracle workout plan. A lot of people think that the system delivers some type of magical solution, but it doesn’t. I guess that’s actually a good thing because workout plans that claim to offer magical results are generally scams. You do need to be committed to this program in order to see results.
- All of the content is online. You don’t get a physical book or a DVD, but rather you receive downloadable PDFs. You can certainly print the information out so you have a hard copy, but a lot of people would prefer receiving something tangible that they don’t have to print out on their own. With that said, however, because all of the content is digital, you will get instant access to the materials as soon as you complete your purchase.
- The layout is a bit off-putting. While the content is digital, it is laid out like a printed book. This can make it difficult to follow for some people.
- There seems to be a lot of fluff in this program. A great deal of the information could have been left out. For example, it covers a lot of detailed information about the personal lives of the creators of the program, which isn’t really necessary. In fact, it kind of takes away from the program.
Given the benefits compared to the disadvantages, the Old School New Body workout program is definitely worth the investment. If you are looking to lose weight and improve your physique, this guide can certainly help you achieve your goals.
Old School New Body vs Other Workout Programs
The Old School New Body workout program is a lot more beneficial than other workout programs. As mentioned, it can be used by people of all ages and all ability levels. Many other exercise programs are designed for younger people or those who have experience. Whether you are a beginner or have been working out for years, you can easily use this program and see results. What’s really nice about this fitness system is that it is specifically geared toward older people and encourages weight loss and body improvements for those who are over the age of 40. That simple fact alone is so rare and refreshing to find in a weight loss system.
Other exercise popular exercise programs, such as Max Workout and Insanity, are super high intensity, which means that people who are older can’t really benefit from them. This program discusses and highlights the signs of aging and offers solutions that are actually attainable. By following this program you can really turn back the hands of time and see a drastic increase in your physical appearance, as well as the way you feel.
In addition to providing detailed information for three different workout programs, you will also learn how to reduce your risk of sustaining an injury while working out, as well as reduce joint pain, something that older people tend to experience when they work out. Plus, there are some really great tips for your diet, as well as other strategies that can help enhance your physical performance and looks, such as how getting more sleep and having more sex can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
The Old School New Body plan also offers diet and nutrition tips. This portion of the eBook is pretty straightforward. It tells you that you should be eating more protein and fiber in your meals, eating regularly, and that you shouldn’t try to stay away from fats.
However, while this part of the program does shed light on diet and nutrition tips that can be beneficial for weight loss, it doesn’t share any specific recipes. That is something that some people might find a bit off-putting. If you are trying to lose weight, you might want to have a diet plan that actually outlines meals that can help you burn fat and shed pounds.
Old School New Body Review: Final Thoughts
By this point, you should have a pretty good understanding of what the Old School New Body workout program is all about. It you are intrigued by what you have read and it seems like something that could benefit you, then you should consider purchasing it – despite some of negative reviews that are out there.
Unlike a lot of workout programs, Old School New Body definitely isn’t a gimmick. It’s not trying to sell you super fast results, and it doesn’t require ridiculous workouts that are difficult to complete and could potentially put strain on your body. Instead, the exercises featured in each workout are designed to reduce strain and the chances of sustaining an injury. They are also designed to really help you burn through fat reserves and boost your muscle mass, thus transforming the way you look and the way you feel.
Whether you are older and want to turn back the hands of time, or you are younger and just want to start implementing a healthy workout routine into your life so that you can enhance your health and maintain your physique, the Old School New Body system will definitely be a good investment for you.
No fitness program can offer you the fountain of youth (despite the fact that many claim they can); but the Old School New Body program does come pretty close. That’s because it really does address changes to your body that come along with aging and offer real solutions that can help you reverse those effects.
By following the tips, strategies, and information that Steve and Becky offer in this workout program, you can feel better in your skin and happier with the way that you look. You will also notice a distinct difference in your energy levels, your hair, your skin, your nails, and your overall well being. If those are things that you want to achieve, then this is definitely an exercise program that you should consider purchasing. And, if for any reason, you are not satisfied with the program, you can receive a full refund. So what have you got to lose? Well, except a fat and weight!
Old School New Body is based on old school ideas for weight loss and strength building. This program can help you lose fat and build lean muscle mass, completely transforming the way your body looks and maybe even giving you the best looking body you have ever had! – Even way back in your 20s!